Roasted Beet Pesto
- 1 cup red beets chopped and roasted
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and chop beets into 1/2 inch cubes and wrap the pieces in a large sheet of foil.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until beets are soft (approx 40-50 minutes).
- Allow beets to cool completely.
- Add all ingredients except for the oil to a blender or food processor and pulse several times.
- Leaving the blender/food processor running, slowly add the oil until all ingredients are combined.
- Spread beet pesto on flat bread and top with crumbled goat cheese. Bake in the oven until warm and enjoy!
One Vision Farms | Fresh Vegetables https://onevisionfarms.com/